The Free Indological Collection (TFIC)
contains thousands of rare and valuable books on all areas of Indology including art and culture, literature, history, scriptures, ethics, music, philosophy etc. Most books are in Sanskrit and some are translations of important Sanskrit works. TFIC comes from multiple sources and includes the work of many people. Most of it was compiled over many years by different teams and/or individuals, who were working separately at different sites. The TFIC team is now putting these compilations together and adding new books from other sources. Some of these books are regional printings not well known outside the corresponding region of India. Sources for these books include:
- Scans of out of copyright books made by us or our respective past team members
- Ancient Sanskrit books we and/or our past and current teams typed and encoded into a digital format from scratch
- Books placed in the public domain but in generally unreachable or inaccessible or unreliable or now defunct digital repositories
- Out of print multi-volume sets whose individual volumes are held by different libraries and all volumes aren't available in a single place or are misclassified but located, cleaned and compiled in one place by the TFIC team.
- Books available in inconvenient formats such as single page images or in pieces in different repositories that we compiled and post-processed and so on.
Between 2000-3000 books will soon become available at the TFIC collection page.
Project URL: http://sanskritdocuments.org/tfic